JBL 2461 DRIVER

My 's sound sweet with Aluminium diaphragms. I havent tweaked the crossover points in a long time, but my recollection is that 2. I'll see if tweaking my crossover points helps the sound of the existing cabinet setup, but I'm skeptical that this will help until I have better mid boxes. This is tweeter territory. If I go lower, its hard to tell the difference in the room, but closer to the speaker stacks the high mids 1. There are stepped diffusers over the horn. The weak link in the system sound fidelity has always been my mid packs - horn loaded PAS 10's - which are good for filling up a big room, but sound kinda honky up close - so I'm getting ready to build some new mid-high cabinets with two front loaded 10's on each side.
Uploader: Brajinn
Date Added: 28 October 2006
File Size: 13.64 Mb
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/2003/7/8/10 MacOS 10/X
Downloads: 91451
Price: Free* [*Free Regsitration Required]





Figure you'll be shipping to Japan. The Rane carries compensation for a CD horn I assume?? I tried it on a K horn.

As far as your HF driver is concernedsince you have installed a dia in there you effectively have a and it should play cleanly as high as you will need to go. Also I havent been able to find any info on what is the natural roll off 2641 the horns.

Images : JBL 2461

Sign jbo Already have an account? Too harsh up close. The potential for damaging your found money is high. In this scenario the mentioned will play great throughout the range and will not sound honky at all even in a conventional box. 24611 was planning to put the 's with the 's on top and get everything in a single mid-high cabinet, however I dont want to put a lot of effort into making my mids sound nice up front, only to find that the highs 24611 not really cutting it. The highs sound OK to me - but for all these years I've been blaming all the sound coloration that I hear on my mid packs and its certainly possible that the high packs are contributing as well.

Vintage JBL drivers - worth anything?

Thanks for the advice. I'm not entirely sure that 2 x 10 is the way to go here.

In each case you are running a deal higher than the optimal band for each driver in a hi fi sense I would be looking at or less for your 15's 24611 bring your HF down to or even Does anyone have experience with this? There are stepped diffusers over the horn.

Help FAQs Go to top. Usually car body sound deadening mastic is the preferred option here. They seem to be in tretty good shape and I think I will give them a try. I wouldn't The phragms are not a good choice for extended HF. I read a lot about JBL but nothing about the little brother. Posted April 9, Still like the too, it can take a pounding all night long, even surviving a dropped mic that slammed it into the phase plug once or twice, something that would have cracked a diaphragm.

I say stick with the but do a bit of damping on itthey do tend to ring somewhat. Jgl might want to 24461 at what JBL have been doing lately hbl pro boxes. I'd like to think I'm getting better performance from the horns with the diaphrams, but maybe not.

Others will tell you more re the polar charactristics of that hornit will tend to beam somewhat at higher frequencies and some of the more modern horns will do a better job. They have been in service as the high frequency drivers crossed at 2.

I've got two pairs of EVMB's in ported front loaded cabinets on the bottom, crossed at hz, nbl I dont really need the low frequency response of a driver like the It looks like these were a knockoff of the JBL L, with a different mid-horn lens: Originally they had 's on them, which got replaced with 's.

I havent tweaked the crossover points in a long time, but my recollection is that 2. That would make the system harder to move, but I try to avoid that as much as possible these days anyway.

Pictures and images JBL - Audiofanzine

I have more headroom in my bass cabinets, so this lets me push the midrange drivers harder in their band. Would you suggest listing the parts package on eBay as a set? Also, does the HF response of the diaphram degrade over time ie after 25 2416, would there be any benefit to getting new diaphrams to improve HF response - even if the existing ones seem to be working fine?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ALLEN BRADLEY 1203-SSS DRIVER DOWNLOAD

MSI PC54G BT DRIVER

ECS P4M800 DRIVER DOWNLOAD